From Stand Up America:
“We celebrate by standing up and fighting for our values, our Constitution, and our fellow Americans. We honor great American presidents by protecting the democratic institutions that Trump is threatening.”
* “Five big Trump narratives to watch
From The Hill
- Trump and the travel ban
- Trump’s hard-line immigration policies are a reality
- Trump’s war on the press
- Trump’s agenda in Congress is moving sluggishly
- Is Trump White House united or divided?”
- Most worrisome to me is Trump’s attack on the press, which looks like it was taken directly from Hitler’s playbook.
- The travel ban and deportations are hateful, but Trump may feel obliged to carry these forward so that he can say he is keeping his campaign pledges. They are otherwise nonsensical.
- The dynamics of Trump’s White House are a mystery. The two Steves: Bannon and Stephen Miller are very scary characters, to be sure. How far does their influence extend? One shudders to imagine.
- As to Congress, only time will tell. The fates of Obamacare and Medicare are foremost in my mind, but The Donald promised not to touch them, right?
* “@20Committee’s Tweetstorm RE: Trump/RIS+OC corruption
Assessing the info below is above my pay grade, but I pass it along ‘cuz it is SO interesting. Certainly, The Donald’s behavior towards Russia needs explaining. And here are some explanations. Thanks to Ethan Miller for reposting it.
Acronyms and other shorthand: OC = Organized crime; RIS = Russian intelligence services; IC = Intelligence community; MSM = Main street media; ROC = Russian organized crime; ; KGB = old Soviet Union spy agency; Don = Donald Trump; Atomic tea = radioactive poison; IOW = In other words; CI = ?; FSB =?
January 9, 2017